No, I’m not different that anyone else when it comes to NY resolutions.
To you, wish you to have fun.
Wish you to only do things that you want to do.
I hope that you understand and accept the meaning of this – what you want to do!
And you have to start from now, that is to meet the new 2010 in the way you want it to continue. If you don’t get my point – I meant that in this one day in the beginning of the year you can allow yourself to do ONLY the things that you want to do for the rest of it.
I’ll give you my NY resolutions, which is my guidance to “how to start a whole new year ahead”:
1. I’ll meet the NY sober – not without a glass of champagne but without 5 of them… I know that I can have as much fun when I drink tea as when I drink wine – and tea does not stain my teeth as red wine, and I can tell more stories after the party than anyone else ;)
2. I won’t loose time with people that I would not like to spend time with in the year ahead – you don’t have to be rude to avoid them, just keep away or say: ”I have to go and see somebody else urgently…” This way I can spend my time with people that make me feel comfortable, adorable, funny and loved – George Clooney, Mel Gibson, my true friends, people that I like, etc I don’t want to dedicate a separate bullet to it as it might be obvious to those higher in evolution than me and many of my friends, but it seems important to mention – also, do not have the sex that you don’t like! It’s sex, it’s personal, so it is supposed to match some standards!!! If you don’t like it, don’t take it!
3. I’ll not smoke inside the house ( I wish I would not smoke at all, but that makes me eat too much, so for now – I’ll transfer the smoking grounds to the balcony) This is my quite late attempt to have my children smoke-free and (just maybe) not addicted to nicotine and cigarette smoke before and after dinner, or at day-break…
4. Set my targets for next year. Might seem cruel, but there are these one or two hours before the NY party when all of us have some time to ourselves – what is it exactly that you want 2010 to be a cornerstone in your CV for – new career, new relationship, new purchase, new address, new project… Sorry, I won’t write about my targets, but those close friends know it :) (I’ll tell you later, in April, when it’s done…) I believe that it is important to know where you are heading. If not now – when?
5. Make sure that you are comfortable with yourself. At the end of 2009 I can say that I do not regret anything that I have done in the past 12 months. I am comfortable with myself. Actually, I like myself. (If I could make sure that I would not make love with myself, I would have said that I loved myself :) - my brother’s words, worth citing here)
Anyway we know that none’s perfect. Enjoy the new beginning. Have fun. Feel really comfortable. I’m not a guru, this is just my NY wish for you and for myself.